Gone are the days when jewellery was associated with just adornments and symbolized social status. Jewellery which exists since the time of civilization has unquestionably undergone many changes and transformation in terms of its usage, symbolic and actual use and designs. Brides of 60’s and 70’s were always spotted clad in heaviest jewellery according to one’s financial strength and flaunting the super heavy jewellery had been a trend of those times which is undergoing a change.
Now fashion and jewellery trend walk hand in hand. Jewellery changes its forms according to fashion. Indian jewellery which was synonym of tradition has also boarded the change train with times and the whole jewellery industry is facing changes in demands related to jewellery’s design and forms. This is where the origin of designer jewellery emerges. With the increasing per capita income of Indians the knack of lavish lifestyle and its tastes are stirring up high in the society and are thus rattling the tastes and demands regarding the traditional jewellery to trendy jewellery. So with the luxury of gold the designer jewelry comes with the purity of gold and classy designs by designers.
Luxury brands are built on the cult of the designer, on a consumer’s fascination for the vision and the worlds created by them. Consumers seek out designers who understand gold’s status as the ultimate creative material, and make pieces which encapsulate their personal values and dreams.” states David Lamb, Managing Director of the World Gold Council.
Why designer jewellery is trending high?
• Dual benefit – Whereas jewellery serves as a status symbol in society, designer jewelry on the other hand, serves both purposes of ornamentation and storage as assets with the privilege of being showered with praises from every nook and corner for the latest ethnic designs.
• Biggest factor in growth of Indian luxury market – The growth of Indian luxury market caters majorly to jewellery and luxury watches. So more of international companies are also investing in it and thus the global tastes and trends are penetrating the market.
• The narrowing bridge between diamond and gold – Another important factor of hikes in trends of designer jewellery is the narrowing prices of diamond and gold. Thus Indian consumer is also eyeing the internationally launched designer diamond jewellery.
• Design would be an intrinsic value from now on – With the amalgamation of fashion and luxury, jewellery market will see the changed perception of design being the intrinsic value rather than the metrics of carats and quantity.
• Consumer preferred – With the concept of intrinsic design values, consumer are ready to pop out their pockets if they get the international and global touch in designs designed by international designers.
Factors Affecting These Trends:
• Trends in jewelry in India depend on regions. A North Indian girl would have different tastes and outlook while buying jewellery rather than the South Indian girl.
• Religion also to some extent affects the tastes and preferences.
• North India is more focused and exclusive about their demands and preferences in jewelry. A North Indian bride would prefer to have unique jewellery which only she posses.
• In South Indian, fine and intricate gold jewellery has always been in demands for brides in wedding season. This time, it would be less gaudy and lighter in forms and designs.
• Whereas the previous time’s ornaments weighed at least 150 to 300 grams, this year average weight of bridal jewellery preferred by brides to be have gone down as far as 50-60 grams.
What is trending high these days?
• Fiery red rubies, white crystalline diamonds, green emeralds and a touch of purple are tastes of recent demands in bridal jewelry.
• Light weight contemporary jewellery, a mix of ethic styles and western elegance, affordable and easy to wear is the taste of Eastern India.
• Filigree and wirework are finding favor in east India where simple geometric shapes like hexagons, triangles, rounds and octagons are trending super high.
• With the desire of absolute glamour, trend in Mumbai is about perfection as Mumbai’s brides are very particular about quality and the look of gems and metals. So new concepts and ideas keep popping at maximum in maya nagri Mumbai.
• Cosmopolitan brides are Victorian style jewellery, rose cut jewellery and antique jewellery.
• Victorian jewellery is trending high which is the combination of gold and silver jewelry with the stone set in center.
• Rose cut and shaped jewelry with the ancient and vintage look is trending back.
• With plenty of multiple metal options to choose from white gold, pink gold (mixture of gold and copper to give it a tinge of pink), yellow gold, platinum and silver.
• Elephant, peacock, sunflower, rose and exotic flowers such as hyacinths are also being considered while designing precious jewelry.
Visit most trusted online jewellery store, Johareez.com to find all types of jewellery with exciting offer price.